Monday, April 2, 2007

The Masters

My favorite golf tournament of the year is coming this weekend. I'll have to do my best to not see any highlights while I party in Pullman so I can watch about 12 hours of golf when I get home on Sunday. The Masters has a special prestige and class that no other event can claim. I guess Wimbledon would be closest, but after Goran (the giant Croat) won that championship, it lost something. Maybe it was his comment about the faggot linesman after he won.

Back to the Masters, I'll be cheering for Tim Clark (NC State grad) of course. But I think my favorite golfer is actually Tiger Woods. Usually a team or person winning everything is a reason for me to hate them. Tiger is the one exception to this rule. I would really appreciate someone stepping up and challenging him consistently to make things more exciting, but in the end I would still cheer for Tiger. I feel like watching him is a privilege. I put him at the top of my list as the best sports figure I've ever seen and I think the best I will ever see.

No comments: