Friday, March 23, 2007

Working 8-5

Texas Instruments and Cypress Semiconductor have both recently decided to shut down their process R&D. This has resulted in a flood of R&D process engineers to the job market.

Is it right for a company with a process R&D group to make their employees aware of this fact? And let them know that they could be easily replaced? Not just easily replaced, but also remind the employees that it is not a good time to be unemployed with the competition to find another job being very high.

I don't think there is any problem with a company doing it. And sadly, it is the kind of motivation that I respond best to. A manager gets more out of me by threatening me. I don't think it is a fear of losing my job that drives me, but more about me proving my value.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeez - that sounds awful.