Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Myuppus


On Sunday, Mom was finally forced to euthanize Kelsey. Kelsey had to live a tough life. We were best friends when I was in High School. I used to take her on jogs and then nap on the couch with her sleeping on my chest. Best of all, she was a frisbee dog. As the picture shows, she could really get up for a frisbee. I have tried to train my current dogs, but beagle looks at me like I'm crazy and Hildi just eats the frisbee.

We used to affectionately call her the myuppus. She lived her first years as the only dog in the family. Then I brought a beagle home from college and Kelsey quickly became a subordinate to a beagle pup that loved to bite her ears. Next, Kendall brought home an even more evil dog to terrorize her. It was a tough existence for a dog that so loved life.

She would always look at you with this inquisitive expression that to me just said, "what are we doing next?" And she would be up for anything.

No comments: