Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gene and Bonnie

Gene and his wife Bonnie live across the street. They are renting a house pretty much identical to mine. They are a very friendly retired couple that really have nothing to do. So they are constantly doing work in their yard and on their house. Again, they are renting the house. They have the best looking front yard on the street complete with a fountain and small gold fish pond. I have also found out that Gene has built a deck in their backyard. This was all paid for by them, with the owner's approval of course. Pretty much the best possible tenants anyone could hope for.

Christina and I will be trying to sell the house this summer. There are currently about 100 houses or roughly 30% of the houses for sale in our neighborhood, and I'd say about 50 of those are also identical to my house. One of them on our street was put on the market a couple of weeks ago for 179. They are now down to 139. Basically, I expect a lot of difficulty selling our house in this market. Pretty sad since 2 years ago, I could of sold our house for 200. Such are the times we are living in.

So it is clear that the best possible situation would be for me to convince Gene and Bonnie to move in to our house and rent from me. I am a terrible salesman though. I'm not sure the best way to approach it, but I must begin laying some groundwork soon.

No comments: