Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow in Boise


When I moved to Boise, I sold my RX-7 and bought a Nissan Xterra. I thought I would need 4WD to drive from December to February to deal with all the snow. The last 5 winters has probably had a total of 6 inches snow fall in Boise. And most of that snow would be melted by the afternoon. There has been more snow back home than here.

That has all changed this winter. There has been snow on the ground since December 15th. And January has brought about 3 inches every three days. If you add up the amount of snow I've seen this winter, it is probably more than all the snow I've seen in my life.

A lot of the people at work are sick of it and ready for it to go away. Not me. I've been conditioned my whole life to love snow. Sledding, snow ball fights, but most importantly no school. I'm loving every part of this. The Xterra is so much fun. Watching the beagle trudge along and get snow on her nose. Hilde still hasn't figured out how to stop, or maybe she likes sliding. I even enjoy shoveling snow off the driveway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a picture.

Thanks for posting something.

Anonymous said...

love the lil pup in the snow!

Anonymous said...

You crazy!

Anonymous said...

where's Hildi's picture!?